Warrensville Heights High School, Warrensville Heights, OH
We are thrilled to extend a warm and heartfelt welcome to all participants to the 21st Annual Destination HBCU College Fair Weekend, scheduled to take place from November 16-19, 2023. It is with great pride and enthusiasm that we invite you to join us for this remarkable event, celebrating the profound impact of Historically Black Colleges and Universities on education, culture, and “A Legacy of Excellence.”
This fair is not just an occasion; it is a testament to the enduring legacy that HBCUs have woven into the fabric of higher education. As we gather together, we honor the trailblazers and visionaries who established these institutions to provide unparalleled opportunities for Black students. "A Legacy of Excellence" encapsulates the remarkable achievements of alumni who have excelled in fields ranging from the arts to the sciences, from social justice advocacy to entrepreneurship. The overarching theme of not only reflects our formidable heritage but also impels us to strive for even greater achievements in the times to come.
Throughout the years, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) have consistently strived to provide students with an extensive array of resources, ensuring that they have all the necessary tools to make well-informed decisions about their collegiate experience. This event has been instrumental in helping countless students embark on their journey towards discovering HBCUs, obtaining college acceptances, and exploring scholarship opportunities, not only for those residing in Northeast Ohio, but also extending its reach beyond.
- Set up may begin as early as 7:00 am on Saturday.
- You can also set up Friday evening beginning at 3pm for classrooms and the for general exhibit hall areas.
- Representatives will receive specific information regarding check-in, entrances, and parking the week of the event.
- You will receive your table assignment at the fair entrance. Please be sure to check in.
- Volunteers will be available to assist with location and set-up.
- Each table is, at a minimum, a six-foot table with approximately one foot on either side.
- It is highly encouraged that you drape/decorate your table with a tablecloth reflective of your institution/organization.
- The table and/or classroom should be aesthetically pleasing and allow space for students to complete inquiry cards, applications, etc.
- All setups need to be completed by the time we begin the opening session.
- Set up a table to discuss recruitment options and admissions requirements.
- Distribute information on scholarship options or youth-related educational programs.
- Offer or accept application fee waivers for eligible students.
- Engage scholars and parents with options, opportunities, and resources related post-secondary options, careers, internship, and vocational interest.
- In addition, all institutions, alumni groups, and organizations are asked to donate 2 to 4 items representing your school/organization/program to be used as door prizes throughout the fair (for each day). Items could range from t-shirts, bags, novelty items, gift cards, etc.
4270 Northfield Road
Warrensville Heights, OH 44128