John Hay High School, Cleveland, OH
An Open-Honest Conversation for Parents - Scholars - Community
- Welcome Remarks - School Administration
- HBCU 101 Presentation
- Destination HBCU College Fair Info
- Common Black College Application Opportunity
- 15 Unforgettable Moments - HBCU Alumni Panel Discussion
- HBCU Campus Visit Information
- Post-Secondary Scholarships & Resources
- United Negro College Fund Scholarships
- College Now Scholarships
- Say Yes Scholarships
- Closing Remarks - Giveaways
Presentation aims to empower the participant to gain a renewed understanding and resources to promote Historically Participants will gain information related to the history, relevancy, and diversity of HBCUs. This relevant information will be explored through proven data, videos, activity, and testimonials.
15 Unforgettable Moments:
How is it that there are over 100 HBCUs across the country with their unique VIBE, you will find alumni from any generation exuding all the grander, elegance, distinction, and pride of their “ILLUSTRIOUS” alma mater. This insightful, informative, and engaging panel discussion will highlight the "15 Things that Make HBCUs Unforgettable." Regardless of what HBCU you attend, there is a kindred spirit or a common denominator that connects us all. From those professors who go above and beyond, standing in the financial aid line, or the real reason for attending a football game. By the end of session, participant should have a renewed and intimate connection to HBCUs and the college decision-making process.
- Explore the influence and impact of Historically Black Colleges and Universities through an open and honest conversation about some prevailing myths of HBCUs,
- Empower the participant compare post-secondary options, opportunities and access between HBCUs and PWIs for a renewed understanding,
- Construct informed decisions and offer guiding resources based on facts and authentic data to support the planning of a college-bound student,
- Offer the participant with testimonials and well-lived college/career experiences from HBCU alumni, and,
- Provide specific/targeted college and career readiness information and supports for a college-bound scholar and family.
All items are non-refundable, all sales are final.
All items are non-refundable under any circumstances.
2075 Stokes Blvd.
Cleveland, OH 44106